Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Our skinny christmas tree that barely fits in the front room. Notice the top of the tree lights have already gone out.Avrie standing in front of the tree that Kyle and Annie decorated.
Katelyn taking a break


Brad and the boys working on the reindeer



The outside of our house






We put up Christmas lights last night for our family home evening activity. It was freezing cold. I have started reading my kids a christmas story every night so they can keep the true meaning of christmas with them. This time of year is my favorite but it seems that it's never celebrated for the right reason. It makes me sad that "seasons greetings " has replaced "Merry Christmas." It seems like people are so consumed with what they want for christmas or what they have to get somebody that this time of year seems like a burden for many. Does anyone have any ideas on things we can do as a family so we can feel the true spirit of Christmas this time of year?

7 comments:

Brenda said...

One of my favorite things to do is to go to the Forgoten Carols. I love it. This year our family is going on Mom's birthday. Also I love to watch Mr. Krogers Christmas and the all time favorit It's a Wonderful Life. Sara your lights and decorations look great!

Mandi said...

All of your lights look great! We usually try to do something, like an angel tree or toys for tots, just to show our kids that their are a lot of kids with nothing. Going to the Temple to look at the lights and the manger scene is also a favorite.

Spencer and Mindy said...

CUTE TREE, and SWEET lights! way to go! you need to come and see the office, it's all Decked out!! :)

those are all good ideas. spencer and i are reading Charles Dickens' a christmas carol together!
I just LOVE this time a YEAR!

Sara :) said...

Thanks for all the input guys. I think we might also do the 12 days of christmas for a widow in my ward.


Mindy, the office looks way good. I came by yesterday and grabbed my invite to the company party.

The Paske Family said...

I love all the lights and decorations you put up. I still can't beleive how fast Christams is approaching. I haven't done this yet, but I thought it sounded good. You can send Christmas cards to soldiers who are in recovery. Here is the address: A Recovering American Soldier
c/o Walter Reed
Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue,NW
Washington,D.C. 20307-5001

Sara :) said...

Thanks Sara, that's a great idea.

Cluff Family said...

Brad,

You better watch out for those raindeer, i hear that sometimes they will just climb on top of each other and get zip tied together. LOL
Ben