Thursday, February 4, 2010






Brad here again -


Get me the heck out of this hospital !!!




On a good note: I have a recliner chair now, but it cost me a whole pack of oreo's (nurse bribe.)




I am so tired of sitting on my butt watching Sara check herself out in the mirror.




Ok - no more of my complaining.
(42 stitches and 3 staples, 10 finger pricks, 1 head drain tube, 1 chest IV, 1 wrist IV, 1 hand IV, 1 breathing tube, 1 whiny hubby who eats my food, 1 catheter, 8 insulin shots, 1 sexy skullet (hair style named by Rog) plus whatever torturous stuff goes on in surgery!)



It has been a rough day. I was hoping to be released so we could go home, but Sara hasn't felt well. Her head is swelling and she is really dizzy. All the drugs are making her shaky. She complains of gurgling around in her head when she bends down - so I smartly tell her "Don't bend down." We are getting a better realization of how serious this surgery / recovery is.




We miss home and the kids - apparently we are coming home tomorrow. Normal release time is between lunch and dinner.




The sterroids are making Sara in to "Angry woman." (My kids may remember the last time she took them a year ago.) They reduce swelling in her head, but also mess with her sugar levels. She gets shot with that little annoying finger pricker before every meal and bedtime to test sugar, then usually gets an insulin shot to try to keep her in balance. They reduced the amount of sterroids this afternoon, but they also put her on "special diet" - which means no more "yummy." (Diabetic diet)




We also tackled her hair today. It hadn't been dealt with since before her surgery Tuesday morning. She had a bad case of bed-head with a dose of surgery-goo. I washed her up the best I could and spent over an hour trying to pick through it. (yes, I am a very loving and compassionate husband.) I only had to cut out one little piece of hair that was beyond repair. I've seen Aunt Brenda do it so I am qualified. I couldn't find scissors, but Sara's nail clippers did the trick.

I get a kick out of this chart on the wall.

I would have circled a much happier goal than #5. I've seen people today that got happy #1 drugs.

4 comments:

Grandma Jane said...

Brad I love the post.....Sorry that we are home now!!!!Rog is loving having his own bed....Don't you wish you had yours right now. Sara you look better than ever. We love you and I agree that hospital room was not fun for you... (Just a bit of info. actually Chrissy needs to be credited with the skullett word.) Rog just has one!!!!!
See you home soon!!!!!! you are a brave girl.....

Spencer and Mindy said...

yay so glad you get to come home to recooperate!
**tell your kiddo's that the song they made up and posted has been in my head all day long!! sophee Loved it and made me play it over and over and over..i think we watched it atleast 10 times! lol

Laurie said...

Wow, Sara....we have been praying for you and hope that the recovery will go well!!
I had checked your blog a few times and you hadn't updated, then your Mom said you had....thanks Brad for letting us know what was going on.
Sara you are a beautiful girl even with a "skullet" :) We will come and visit when you get a bit stronger!!!
Love you!!

Cindy said...

Sorry that it is taking so long to feel better and get out of the hospital, not a fun place to be!
(However, I am loving the guest posts you silly boy!) Give Sara my love!