Saturday, October 27, 2007

Story Telling Festival!

Yesterday Katelyn and Tyler participated in their school story telling festival. They had to pick a book of their choice, memorize it, add actions and tell the story in front of parents and judges. They both picked a mystery book because my kids like scary things like me. :) The judges picked two people to go to the finals. Tyler was picked as an alternate which means if someone is unable to do it, Tyler fills in for them. They both did such a good job and I'm very proud of them.

4 comments:

Spencer and Mindy said...

oh How fun!! we should have a family hearing!!

Grandma Jane said...

Way to go Katelyn and Tyler. I know what good story teller you are!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

We're proud of you kids! Keep up the good work.
Love, Grandma B

Anonymous said...

That was scariest thing in my life. But, the good thing was that we got a party! When I got up there I froze and almost forgot the book that I was doing. After that, I came back to class, and my teacher asked the students if they wanted me to tell them my story. Everyone was yelling, "Do it! Do it!" So I said, "Sure."