Wednesday, April 18, 2007
Games
My 3 oldest kids are playing baseball and Brads playing softball. Our weeks are full of games now. Monday is the only night that we don't have a game. We had 3 last night, 1 tonight, 2 tomorrow night and 1 friday night. It is alot of fun watching them but hard when they fall on the same day at the same time. I havent figured out what to make for dinner those nights either. Last year we did alot of cold cereal and fast food - but I'm sick of fast food. Does anybody have any suggestions? I need fast easy meal ideas that I can make in 30 min. or less.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
I'm totally sad I'm not there to go and cheer ya'll on! I loved watching the games last year...especially the kids! As for the food ideas! That is a hard situation!!! Maybe you can make stuff ahead of time and freeze it....like when you make enchilada's...you can make enough for two meals and stick it in the freezer until your're ready for them again. I dunno...that takes a lot of time to. There are some good 30 minute or less recipe's online too. Let me know how it goes...if you come across anything good post it so we can try it too!!!
Glad it's you and not me running around. I had my fair share of that. I always like the sandwich idea. But that's just me. I like em'
You totally need to get some neighbors in your ward and do the dinner nights. It has totally simplified my life, I only cook on thursday night now and get meals brought to me the other nights. It is really the only way to go. Since you are not as busy on monday except for FHE, you should choose that night for your night to cook.
Hi- I'm Chrissy's friend, Brandi Schall (schallfam.blogspot.com) That sounds really tough! My sister clued me into this easy meal so I thought I'd share. It's just one, but hey, every little bit counts, right!
Buy a bag of the Barilla 3-cheese tortellini, they are by the dry pasta, not the refrigerated kind, cook maybe 4 pieces of chicken (I always use the Tyson frozen because you don't have to thaw) and boil the pasta. Cut the cooked chicken and toss with the pasta and italian dressing. I usually serve this with bread and butter and a fruit salad (or apple if I don't have time) Another great thing is this is really good cold, too! So you could make it ahead and eat it later. Good luck! If I think of any more I will pass them on! :)
hey Sara - i'm a Huge Fam of Taco's. Yummm, they are super easy and good too!! I also like to make BLT's they are SO easy, and spencer and i love them..
Hey Brandi - thanks for the chicken pasta idea...yummm
Hope the Kids Get better Soon and you don't get sick now...
Thanks so much for everyones ideas. I can't wait to try out Brandi's pasta one. Keep the recipe ideas coming.
I have the same problem. Between three kids in baseball, PTA and church callings dinner is hard to make. I use my slow cooker probably four times a week at least. It is easy to start something in the morning and have it ready to eat that night. I have tons and tons of recipes. If you want I will send you some. Let me know! Hope all is well!
--Mare
Mare, I would love you to send me some recipes. My email is bradnsara@gmail.com. You need to get a blog.
Maybe after baseball season! =)
--Mare
Post a Comment