
St. George, Utah: Sara Michele Campbell Baker, age 35, passed away Easter Sunday, April 4, 2010 in Las Vegas University Medical Center. She was born September 15, 1974, in St. George, Utah, the first child of Roger and Jane Esplin Campbell. She was raised in St. George and graduated from Pine View High School, 1992. She married her first love and high school sweetheart, Brad Baker on June 8, 1996, in the St. George Temple. They are the parents of five children.
Sara loved to sing and had a beautiful voice. She was an amazing organizer. She also loved to plan and set goals. Sara was kind, tender, compassionate, genuine and wanted things perfect. She was active in the LDS Church and served as a Primary teacher and counselor, cub-scout den mother, and as a Relief Society Counselor. Her greatest love was her husband and children. She was such a good wife and mother. Her whole life was centered on her family. Family time was so important to Brad and Sara. Their children know how much they loved each other.
She is survived by her husband, Brad and children, Katelyn, Tyler, Kyle, Annie, and Avrie; parents Roger and Jane Esplin Campbell of Beaver; sisters Jennifer (Beau) Barney of Lehi, Amanda (Aaron) Felstead of St. George, Christina (Tamron) Lee of Cedar City and brother Michael (Meagan) Campbell of St. George; Grandfather - Bybee Campbell of St. George. Father and Mother-in-law Phil & Lynette Baker of Washington City.
Sara is preceded in death by: Grandparents, T. Lavoy and Phoebe Esplin, Clidene M. Campbell. Nephews: Brecken and Brayden Felstead. Niece: Audrie Campbell. Brother-in-law: Charlton Robert Palmer.
Funeral services will be Saturday, April 10, 2010, 11 am, Sunset 1st Ward, 82 N Dixie Drive, St. George. Viewing for friends and family will be held Friday, April 9, 6 - 8 pm at Spilsbury Mortuary and Saturday 9:30 to 10:30 proir to services. Interment will take place in Tonaquint Cemetery.
Special thanks to Dixie Regional Medical Center, St. George, Sunrise Hospital and University Medical Center in Las Vegas for their kind and compassionate care.

18 comments:
Brad, Our hearts go out to you and your children. We are so sorry for your loss. It gives comfort to know she is in a better place and most of all she is pain free. Thank you so much for posting this. We love you.
Love Nancy, Scott & Family
love you guys
We love you Brad.
We love you guys our prayers and thoughts are with you.
We are thinking of you Brad. Our prayers are with you and your kids.
Love,
Derrick & Amy
My heart breaks for you and your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
Cheri Dennett (Turek) & Family
My thoughts and prayers are with you guys at this time. I am so sad to hear of Sara's passing.
Love,
Shannon Stapley Allen
Brad,
you don't even know me, but my heart is broken along with all of you and your family. Jane and my husband are 2nd cousins , I think. I love Jane dearly. I have watched your wife and her siblings grow up, and have always admired them. Chrissy and Mike are the same age as two of my children and we all love all of you. I sent an email, but I want to tell here the same thing. I am praying for Heavenly Father to bless you with REVELATION. He knows WHY this has all happened, and I cam imagine that you want to know HIS PLAN. He knew it was going to be painful, and I know everyone is mostly praying for you to be comforted. I am praying for that too, but most of all, I know you will be comforted IF Heavenly Father will let you know what HE is Thinking. We know that He knows best, but because you are a faithful Son of God, He will tell you too. I send my love and all the love of my family. Love, Karen Esplin
WE are so sorry for your loss. Our hearts go out to you and the kids. We will miss her. She was such a kind and loving person with a sweet spirit.
Love
The Hortons
Brad,
I have been reading through your blog and I'm struck by what a wonderful mother sara is! I also have always admired the relationship the two of you have. I loved seeing you ride around on your Harley or walking hand in hand. I could tell you were in love.
Sara was Macall's primary teacher. He said sometimes those boys were so rowdy they made her cry. So she brought popcorn and treats for them if they were good. Then he said on the last day she taught them she cried because it was her last time. What a special person. I remember her smile, I remember sitting on the side of our pool talking with her. She was so sweet! Last November/December while I was going through surgery and treatments from thyroid cancer she left me a message on facebook. I have been trying to get back into the swing of life and I only wish I could have been there more for her. Please know I would love to help your lovely family in anyway I can. Olivia just loves Annie, and we have enjoyed her playing at our home lately.
My heart is aching but I feel impressed by the spirit that Heavenly father is well aware of your family and I know he will take care of you.
Much love form our family to yours,
Kristen harris
986-4036
I am so deeply sorry for your loss. I am Kristen Harris' sister, and you don't even know me, but I just wanted to send my sincerest condolences to you and your children and let you know that your family is in my thoughts and prayers. My little boy Taylor passed away four years ago, so I know the pain of losing someone you love. But I also know the amazing power of our loving Savior who is so willing to walk with us and take away our pain. How grateful I am for the knowledge of eternal families, and the promise that we will one day be reunited. What a glorious day that will be! May the Lord bless you and keep you!
brad, thank you for the FB friend request and invitation to your blog. Words could never explain how sorry we are for your loss. Let us help however we can!!!! No one can replace a "mother" but we CAN share loves and support to you and your sweet kids. Hang in there. We will get a hold of you, to help out when things slow down a bit. you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers, ALWAYS!!!!
rick and heather Lewis
Brad & kids, You are in our thoughts and prayers. So sorry for your loss. Sara was such an amazing friend, mother and wife. And she will be missed. I know with all my heart Heavenly Father has a plan for her and for your family. He is mindful of you and loves you. Let us know if there is anything we can do.
From our family to yours,
Love Bracken's
Brad,
I was going through old pictures today to see if I could find any of Sara. I was able to find a couple of her Glamour shots she did while in high school and several from us haning out and killing time while you were on your mission. The best is the one of her, Jenni, Raelynn (Jason's wife) and me. We were all going out for the evening just so Raelynn could see Jason. Any way I am putting them in an envelope to bring to you on Friday. Maybe you have them and maybe you don't but I am sure you will enjoy seeing them. Sending love and prayers you way.
Stacie
Brad,
I so sorry to here the news of your wife's passing. My heart goes out to you and your family. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Kim Terry Wadsworth
I just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. I didnt make it to the viewing but I did get to the funeral service and it was a beautiful service in Sara's memory. My daughter went to school with her and I knew of her through her mother Jane. I worked with Jane at the city office in utilities. I wanted her to know how much I love her and my prayers are with her and Rog and especially to Brad and the kids. All my love - Kim Lake
Brad,
The funeral was beautiful!!! Our prayers are with you and your little ones!!!
We love you all!!
Jeff and Laurie
Brad,
Not sure at all why I have been thinking so much about you lately.
I find myself thinking a lot about Sara, and have ever since Virginia told me what had happened.
I can't begin to say I understand.
The last few weeks the impression kept coming, to find you somehow. I don't even know if comments to this blog are retrieved (???)
After the 50th time or so of having the promptings to make contact, I decided maybe it was a " real " prompting, and not just myself.
As I said, I don't even know why.
If you do get this, let me know!
It is hard to believe that all these years have passed. Jacob and Katelyn are the same age. I can't believe he has the Priesthood and goes to joint activities now.
I am sure you are fine. You have lots of friends and family there.
I just wanted to make sure I followed through with this prompting so I can feel better.
I know Sara watches over you when she can. How could a mother not. I pray for you often, and your children. You can find me on FB if you like. I am in the Seattle area.
Take care.
Angela Brady ( now Krois )
Post a Comment