Friday, April 16, 2010

Thanks to All.


You dread the day you bury your spouse from the moment that you have one.
This picture was taken January 26, 2010 - the day we learned of her tumor.
April 10th, 2010, 74 days later, was the day we buried our wife and mother. It has been a tough few months for our family, we are hurting, lonely, and overwhelmed on a regular basis with challenges stemming from Sara's absence. We are so grateful for the love and support from family, friends and neighbors. The compassion shown us has been unexpected and overwhelming. I actually felt sick to my stomach and had to lie down the other day as I was thinking of all the Christlike acts done for me and the kids. It is wonderful - thank you.

I know Sara has completed her mission here. It is the Lord's will for her to have gone to the spirit world at this time. NOT BECAUSE HE NEEDED HER MORE - THAT'S BS!

It seems to "suck big time," as I have heard it expressed, but one day I will look back and realize the Lord's wisdom and love for our family. I will see a bigger purpose in His plan for me.

Now, there is only "onward and upward" - which translates to "now what the heck do I do?!?!

16 comments:

Madison Matthews said...

Oh Villa, it still just seems so unreal. I love this post. I believe you hit it spot on. I love your honesty. I hope that you are able to stay real for your kids. I am saddened that you even have to deal with this. It breaks my heart. Know that you don't have to be strong all the time. I can't believe that I didn't do more for your family. I am sorry that we didn't come around as much as we should have. WE love the memories we have of the two of you. You will be together forever, I have to trust and beleive that.
We love you.
We pray for you.
AND I still think it SUCKS, and is no FAIR!!!!!!
Love you tons
Steph Matthews

Anonymous said...

You are an Amazing Man, an Awsome Father and a pretty cool little bro. Thanks for your example and strength.You HAVE an Eternal Family. Hold Strong!! All of our hearts and prayers are with you and the kids.

Love you guys
Jason&Heidi&B&B&B&B

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy said...

Sometimes it is just breathe, (or put snarky stuff on facebook). I have been amazed and impressed by what I have seen from you and your family throughout this trial. Much love always to you and yours (and I agree, it is never because He needed them more!!)

Anna....of Anna's Quilting Designs said...

I want to think that my little girl needed an awesome mom up there temporarily. At least it brings comfort to me right now, somewhat, although I think God has a much bigger picture for all of us. Thanks for your continuous example for good. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Grandma Jane said...

love ya Brad...I enjoyed our visit tonight...

Chris & Angie Kirby said...

You are such an amazing person! Wish we were closer to help you through this. Know that you are in our hearts and prayers!
Love,
Angie & Chris Kirby

The Calico Crew said...

My dad mentioned you were in the temple Monday doing sealings-YOU ARE AMAZING! Just goes to show how strong of a testimony of the gospel you really have. I'm blessed just for knowing the Baker family! I can't say any more than everyone already has, just wanted you to know I think about your family often.

ChrissyLee said...

love you guys!

Matt Baker said...

Love you, Brad. Keep on keeping on...

Anonymous said...

My thoughts are with you and the kids. I love you all!

Maren & Danny said...

I think I can speak for everyone who knows you guys...it is an honor & blessing to serve or help in anyway, so thank you for allowing us that opportunity. Thanks for your inspiring example...

Unknown said...

I don't even know how you do it. I'm still crying. Can Annie come over and play after school on Tuesday or Wednesday?

Raelee said...

Just wanted you to know what an amazing father you are! I saw you out with the kids on a bike ride the other day......and they all even had helmets on!! I am so sorry that you have to go through this and just want you to know you are always in our thoughts and prayers! Someone was asking how I knew you and Sara and my response was that you two were like celebrities in our Bloomington Hills neighborhood! Of course us young ones loved to try and catch you 2 sneaking in a little kiss here and there!! you are doing great and I do agree that it really does SUCK! We pray for you and your darling kids, Love Raelee Stafford

Anonymous said...

Brad,
Kevin and I used to live next to you in Ivins.
I live in Seattle , and heard the news through Kevin through Ray Cox there in St.George.
I know there is nothing I can say that will make any of it less painful, but know that you and your children will be in my prayers.
I am so sorry.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.