Thursday, April 1, 2010

Longer Road Than Expected



Brad here - This picture of Sara was taken last night around 10 pm. Wednesday, March 31, 2010.

I was finally allowed in to see her in the ICU. Even after all we have been through in the past 8 weeks, I was still shocked by all the medical equipment. I think she must be hooked up with about everything they could find. I feel fortunate that this technology is available. She has EEG equipment hooked up monitoring her brain. You can see a dozen or so wires hooked up to a black box left of her head.

They are keeping her in coma for about a week now. Another shocker. I came this morning hoping to see her waking up, but Dr's say it's necessary to prevent further brain damage. They are preventing brain activity and pressures low. There isn't much for me to do here. Rog and Jane stopped by and brought breakfast. You should of seen the look in Rog's eyes last night when walking back from the restaurant. There was a doughnut shop, but we couldn't get in - closed. "but I can see the doughnuts on the racks," he said. I had doughnuts for breakfast...

We are all heading home today. Dr. Beraldo Vasquez - cool guy will call me when things begin to change.

"Thank You," to you all for kind words and acts of service. Please continue to pray for Sara.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update, Brad. I just felt horrible when my mom told me this morning she would be in a coma for a week. We will continue to pray for her and the rest of your family. Let us know if we can do anything.

Mare

Rush-ellie said...

Brad,
I just feel heartbroken about all that you guys are going through. I have thought about you guys so much the last couple of months. I don't always communicate a lot, but I alwayas hold you in my hearts. I really hope you are doing ok. I know how much you love her, and how hard it is for you. Stay strong and know that if you ever need anything, let me know. I wish I was closer so I could help with your kids..anything that will ease the burden. I can't even express how much your friendship has meant to me over the years. I guess we need to say it more often and not wait for hard times. Give Sara a hug for me, and hang in there friend. Love you guys lots.
Rachelita :)
p.s. I did not know you first child was born on April Fool's Day..too cool. :)

Grandma Sue said...

Thanks for sharing your feelings. I know how hard it is to just sit and wait. We continue to pray for your family. We love you all. You are a such a supportive and loving husband.

Anna....of Anna's Quilting Designs said...

Brad and Sara, I don't know you as well as I should, but I have begun to know you better through technology and Facebook. Sara seems like such a strong, stalwart companion. I placed all of your names on the Provo Temple a week or so ago, again, and have felt such a peace since. We continue to pray for all of you. My husband is a nurse and he always says, "I know you'll be in good hands with the nurses at the hospital, I'll take care of the kids at home and help their fears and anxiety." Surround yourselves with our love, and keep things as "normal" as you can with the kiddos. We're praying desperately for you all.