Thursday, August 21, 2008

No more TV

Our landlord came over last week and told us that he wanted to get his TV back because his wife wanted another one in their house. We only had it because its a huge TV and its in a built in shelf that it fits perfectly in. Anyway, we take back the TV and there is really no where to put a flat screen so we have no TV in the familyroom. The only place we have a TV now with satellite is in our bedroom. Can I just say it has been great not having one. Our house has been way more quiet and calmer then normal. The kids come home and instead of sitting in front of the TV watching disney channel are playing with toys and doing homework. Tyler has also pulled out his scout book and been working on getting his bear. But I think the best part without the TV is we are spending more time as a family. We have been talking more, playing games together and reading. I didn't realize how much we watched that thing. I am glad that I still have satellite in our bedroom to watch the news though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. After the flood in our basement our cable was all unhooked and we didn't have TV at all for almost 2 weeks. It is amazing how much more you get accomplished when you don't have it.

ChrissyLee said...

yeah, i like not having tv. i do miss the design shows though! :)

Stacie Lang said...

Way to go for leaving it off and not letting everyone just use your room for t.v. Your kids are so cute and I can't believe how old they are getting.